Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wheat fruit Cupcakes


Since we changed country my little toddler found new substitutes to his meals and snacks. Now to make him eat a clean snack I keep baking something which is full of goodness and not preservatives. 
Prunes and bananas are good for digestion and thats how this cupcake recipe happened. 
The outcome tasted like traditional banana Bondas or Unniappams to my husband.
I wished I had used brown sugar or palm sugar but due to lack of time I had to use white sugar but I am definitely going to substitute it with a healthier option. 
Cupcakes were super soft and prunes gave a little punch to the sweetness. 
Here goes my quick recipe. 

Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 40 mins Serves: 10, Yield: 10 muffins

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 mashed banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon(optional)
1 cup chopped pitted prunes

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and egg. Beat until smooth.
Blend in mashed bananas and vanilla.

Sift together flour, baking powde, salt and cinnamon 2-3 times then fold into liquid mixture until just moistened.
Mix in the prunes.(prunes tossed in flour help not sink to the bottom)
Spoon into muffin cups/pan 

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment