Monday, March 14, 2016

Banana Flour Cookies(Ethakka Podi Cookies)

I had been yearning to convert my banana flour to anything which my baby could enjoy eating himself. I was done with porridges and spoon feeding, where my son also had started cooperating with my new fundamentals of feeding i.e. self feeding, baking came into existence again. It had been years since I ever experimented or ever cooked to relish my taste buds. But when it came to baking for my baby I chose health but not ignoring the taste.
So why not cookies with the banana flour which we sworn by since ages for first food for babies. Modern parenting focuses on nutrition along learning. So I taught him to eat independently. 
I was highly enthusiastic to bake banana flour cookies and power cuts didn't stop me from doing anything to achieve them. Really. I was stuck with a mixer and sugar crystals when pestle and mortar came to my rescue. Crush sieve crush crush sieve. I did make half a cup of super fine palm sugar just by grinding in a small pestle mortar. yay.

So let me share my piece of happiness here

Ingredients:
3/4 cup banana flour1/4 cup Whole wheat flour1/2 cup palm sugar powder100gm butter1tsp coarsely ground almonds1tsp coarsely ground cashews
Method:
Sieve banana flour and ww flour togetherSoften the butter and palm sugar togetherAdd Flour to the softened mixtureAdd dry fruits mixture and knead the doughShape the cookies on a greased tray and keep them in the freezer for 10 minutesMeanwhile preheat your oven to 180 degreesBake the cookies at 160 degrees for 20 minutesKeep the cookies in the oven for 5 minutesLet them cool outside and remove when cooled completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment